The Skype for Business add-on enables Agents to initiate Skype calls directly from HotH. Here is an overview of the requirements and functionality of the feature:
- You will need Skype for Business installed on the client machine that will run the HotH WebServer client. Make sure you are logged in successfully.
- The feature is in the form of an icon shown next to phone number field on the user details screen. It will look something like this:
- A prerequisite for this add on to work is that you need to set a flag in your HotH WebServer ini file to use Skype for Business. To do this you will need to do the following:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to your HotH installation folder.
- Open the “suppdesk.ini” file in Notepad.
- Scroll down and locate the “[WebServer]” section. Under here you will need to locate the “Telephony” flag. If this does not exist, then you will need to enter it into the ini file.
- Set the “Telephony” flag to “y”. It should look something like this:
- Click on Save and Exit Notepad.
- You may be required to run an IISRESET in order for this value to be registered.
- After clicking on the icon next to the phone field, it will open up a call dialog screen from within Skype for Business with the number that you wish to dial.
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Contact email@example.com