Archiving records on a regular basis is recommended to keep your HotH system clean and tidy to optimise performance.
To set up a routine for archiving records on a daily basis, simply follow the steps below:
1) Go to the Settings Cog > Your Company Settings and scroll down to the bottom where you will find the Housekeeping Workflow Engine Archiving Rules.
Enter the number of months for each of the options as required. This is the age of records to be archived.
Entering a 0 for the number of months means no archiving will take place. The maximum number of months which can be entered is 99.
Suggested Archiving Rules:
Open the Escalator Service Settings and tick the Housekeeping checkbox as shown below:
Once both steps have been completed, the Escalator will run every night through:
• Noticeboard records and archive those that are older than the selected period that are not news items
• Field audits and archive the field audits that are older than the selected period
• Login audits and archive the login audits that are older than the selected period
• Calls (for each call folder) and archive calls that are older than the selected period (by age of their closed date)
• Escalation Logs and archive entries that are older than the selected period
Archived records are not deleted, they are transferred to an archive folder of the same name with prefix ‘hist_’. You can still access archived calls through the HotH interface. Other archived records would have to be interrogated through the database. Contact House-on-the-Hill if you need to do this.
Read more about this topic by visiting the Archiving/Deleting Records page.
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Contact email@example.com