You can provide your customers with a Self-Service Portal so that they can log and track the progress of their own tickets. The Self-Service Portal is a reflection of your organisation and customised using the Forms and Dashboard feature.
Click the links below to learn more information:
The Self-Service Portal
Upon logging in, end-users are presented with their dashboard: an overview page which has various different links and options.
- Frequently Asked Questions – The Frequently Asked Questions section displays a list of FAQs that can assist you with the resolution of minor issues, and provide you with helpful information
- NewsFeed – The Newsfeed section is a noticeboard area that can contain general news items relating to your company
- Service Updates – The Service Updates section displays a list of the Services that you are subscribed to. The traffic light colour coding denotes their operational status: Online = Green
Offline = Red
Pending Offline – Orange
Impacted = Yellow
- My Open Summary – The My Open Summary list displays calls you have logged which are still Open. The reference numbers are drill-down links into the call records, and allow you to see the progress of your call
Logging a Ticket
The profile home screen will ask if you would like to log either an Issue (Incident) or a Request, or it may ask if you would like to Raise a Ticket.
After clicking on the relevant link, the ticket logging screen will appear. This screen will be a simple form that may look something like the following, although this will have been customised to suit your organisation.
- User/Phone No./E-Mail – The system will recognise the End-User logging the ticket based on their login credentials, so will auto-populate their contact details
- Service/Asset – You may have a drop-down list of Services or Assets to pick from, to denote what the issue relates to
- Details – The free-text Details field is used to describe the Ticket.
- Attachment – Attach files to the call using the Choose File button
- OK – Clicking OK will log the call and alert the Service Desk.
Password Reset Options for End-Users
HotH’s login screen includes a Login and Password field, both of which must be completed for End-Users to log in to their personal profiles. Password resets can be a common request, so underneath the Login and Password fields there is a ‘Forgot Your Password’ link enabling self-resolution in the case of a forgotten password.
Once clicked, Users can enter either their e-mail address, User Name or Login for the system to identify them by, then click Submit:
Once submitted, a reset message appears on the Login screen:
And a message is sent to the e-mail address* associated with the Login details provided, which includes a randomly generated temporary password. Upon first login after password reset, the user is prompted to enter a new password.
*The User must have an email address entered on the Options tab of their Login record for the email to be generated and sent.
Password Reset options for Supervisors
Clicking Modify allows supervisors to edit the Login and Password fields for the corresponding login record. Click OK or Save to save and continue.
HotH includes a Reset & Email Password button on the Details tab which when clicked the password reset email will be automatically sent to the End-User.
When sending password reset links to End-Users they must have an email address linked to their login record.
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Contact email@example.com