The last step is to provide the WebServer with a username and password to connect to the database with.
- In Notepad on the WebServer machine, open “C:\supportdesk\suppdesk\suppdesk.ini”
- Next to DSN= enter the name of the ODBC DSN you created for connection to the SupportDesk database. The default setting is DSN=houseonthehill.
- Find the lines beginning Username= and Password=.
- Insert the database username and password on these lines.
- Save and close the suppdesk.ini file.
- Recycle the SupportDesk Application Pool in IIS.
When you first login to the WebServer, the password in the INI file will be encrypted.