The HotH ‘CloudSync’ system is a cut-down version of HotH. It doesn’t need installing due to it being a folder which can be extracted.
Within the system, our support team configure the LDAP settings to connect to your AD server and load your users into the local CloudSync db. We then add a HotH service which automatically does the LDAP load (at least) once per day and sends the User and Login information to your hosted system via https:// – so the server must have access to your HotH hosted system on the internet, as well as being able to query your on-prem LDAP server.
Note : The install requires about 150MB disk space and an OS later than Win Server Win Server 2012 R2.
Customers often add a HotH User in AD which can be used to run the LDAP queries in the Cloudsync system. You might like to set this up beforehand, or we can use an existing user.
Our team can configure an LDAP script to load from a specific OU, if preferred, and we can add multiple LDAP scripts if required. It is useful if you ascertain beforehand where you want Users loading from. Feel free to send a screenshot from AD of the OUs you want Users loading from.
Cloudsync Setup Instructions
- Download the Cloudsync zip and extract the supportdesk_cloudsync folder
- Downloaded and extract the hotfix zip to the cloudsync folder (password = Babbage150)
- Add a 32-Bit ODBC connection (System DSN). Make sure you select the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) as the odbc driver and call the Data Source Name houseonthehill, click Create to create the *.mdb in the Cloudsync folder.
- Within the cloudsync folder locate the supdskcs.exe file and click to open it (you can create a shortcut to this file on the desktop for ease of access if you wish).
- Now open up SupportDeskCloudsync and login (password & login = super)
- On the left hand side you will see ‘Scripts’ this is where you set up your LDAP scripts. Right click on the <Default> LDAP script and click new, then fill in the relevant information and click Query LDAP Server. Make sure that the ‘Automatic Sync’ and ‘Add Users as Guest Logins’ checkboxes are both ticked.
- Next click on cloudsync on the left hand side underneath scripts, keep hitting OK until you get to Hosted WebServer URL and enter your HotH hosted URL (e.g. https://YourCompanyName.houseonthehill.com/)
- Hit OK again and enter ‘Batch’ where it says Hosted WebServer Login. Hit OK again and then enter the password which will be given to your by HotH.
- Within the cloudsync folder locate the supesccs.exe file and create a shortcut to this file on the desktop, rename this file ‘Escalator’
- Run newly created Escalator shortcut as an administrator
- Make sure the Sync LDAP check box is ticked, then click add as service and close down the application.
- Open up Services and locate the supportdesk escalator within, then right click and hit start.
Note : Please contact HotH for download links and instructions to connect Cloudsync to a SQL Server database for SCCM/Lansweeper integration.
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Contact email@example.com