2014 has been a great year for the world of service desk software and for House-on-the-Hill, and that is all thanks to YOU! So from the entire team, happy holidays and here’s to a brilliant 2015! Our end of year review includes a few of our favourite Service Desk industry moments and SupportDesk milestones…
– Summer 2014 saw the launch of SupportDesk 2014 – This year we were thrilled to release the latest version of our service desk tool: SupportDesk 2014, and there has been excellent feedback from our customers, and from users trialling the new version…
- “Flat White” look and feel has been a winner! With the simple graphic interface for both service desk agents and customers logging issues via the web-portal making the logging and updating of tickets a clear and fuss-free process.
- QuickReports are now even faster to run, and offer new features such as the ability to show just a selected number of records. There are also new Sorting functions, and Comparative Reporting, to show comparisons of e.g. Open/Closed calls over time.
- Drag and Drop has been another major feature of 2014. The drag n drop designer is now available for creating custom Dashboards and Activity Forms, in addition to Call Forms for all service desk processes.
– SupportDesk helped more businesses to achieve excellent customer support and IT service management
With more and more organisations worldwide discovering the advantages of SupportDesk, House-on-the-Hill has continued to deliver specifically customised and multi-functional service desk solutions throughout 2014. The fact that SupportDesk is simple to grow as your business requirements evolve has also proved a great advantage to hundreds of existing SupportDesk users, and one such user this year has been Concorde IT Group. The IT Service Desk Manager at Concorde told of how “we like the fact that we can change the system anytime. So, if we need a new status, new workflow, or need to change the workflow, we can work it out and change it without needing to get House-on-the-Hill involved.” Read the full case study here.
– SupportDesk receives 5/5 Star review on Capterra:
SupportDesk service desk software described as “Charming, Powerful and Excellent Value for Money” in this 5 star review
– House-on-the-Hill became a G-Cloud supplier
At the beginning of this year, we were proud to become a G-Cloud supplier. G-Cloud, part of the UK government’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) strategy, is a cross government programme that encourages the adoption of ICT Cloud Services into government departments, local authorities and the wider public sector. Its remit is to simplify how the public sector procures and delivers services by creating a marketplace of ‘pay-as-you-go’ services that can be easily scaled up or down, based on the changing needs of an organisation and its users. SupportDesk Enterprise SaaS is now available for public sector organisations to purchase via this service.
– Sponsoring/Exhibiting at this year’s SDI Conference (plus meeting BBC’s The Call Centre Neville Wilshire!)
The Service Desk Institute conference took place at Birmingham’s Hilton Metropole this year, and we were delighted to be involved and exhibit SupportDesk to visiting delegates. There were lots of great talks at the event, with a focus placed on happiness in the workplace and service desk: a refreshing viewpoint discussed by speaker Alexander Kjerulf. Another memorable and lively speech was given by the BBC Call Centre’s Neville Wilshire, who spoke about the great work he has done helping young people to get their careers started on the Call Centre helpdesk, and he even came to say hi at the House-on-the-Hill stand afterwards!